The Magnifier is a utility that comes installed by default with the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. This utility allows the users to magnify windows and web pages to see the text and images zoomed in. With the help of this application, the users will be able to use their mouse to click on an object or item to magnify it. The settings of the magnifier utility can be changed manually or the user will be able to remove it anytime in the Windows Vista operating system.
After changing or removing any of the settings, the user will be able to restore the settings to default. The Windows Vista help tips that are shared below will help you to know more on the steps to change the magnifier settings in the Windows Vista operating system.
- Turn on your computer, then click on the Start button in the Windows Vista operating system, and then select the All Programs option. You can then click on the Accessories option.
- As the next step, you can click on the Ease of Access option and then select the Magnifier option. Doing this will open the Magnifier window.
- Click on the box that is located next to Invert Colors field so that it is deselected.Doing this will remove the option to invert colors like placing white text on a black background.
- Now you can click on the box that is located next to Minimize on Startup field so that it is deselected. Doing this will keep the Settings dialog box minimized when the Magnifier Utility is open.
- You can deselect any settings that you wish to remove like the Turn Magnifier On option and Make things larger on the screen option. After selecting your settings, you can click on the Apply button to save the Settings changes that you have made.
These are the simple and easy to follow steps to change the settings of the Magnifier Utility in Windows Vista program. If you have any doubts in any of the steps that are explained above, you can contact the Windows Vista help and support team. They will be able to help you finish the steps successfully without getting any errors. You may also refer to the Windows Vita help modules that are posted in the official website of Microsoft to know more on these steps.