Microsoft’s Windows operating systems come with a design that can automatically detect whether the version of Windows installed on your computer has been validated with a genuine Microsoft product key or not. While many of you might already be familiar with this product key, for those of you still unaware, it is a serial number that gets designated for each copy of Windows operating system, based on the version of its activation. And as such, if Windows is not validated or if the product key has been changed, you will receive a validation error message in a pop-up window that informs you that your copy of Windows is not genuine.
So until you validate your operating system with a genuine product key, you will only have limited access to the functions of your computer and will continue to receive this pop-up error. Now given below is a guide that will take you through the steps in helping you get a genuine product key for your version of Windows operating system and in getting rid of the validation error. The same can also help you save your time and money without having to call on the Windows support number.
Getting rid of Windows Validation Error on your computer without having to call on Windows support number
The steps are as given below:
- To begin with, get on Windows “Start” menu then right click on “Computer”/”My Computer” and choose “Properties” from the resulting menu.
- Following which, click on the “Change Product Key” link located at the bottom of the “Properties” window.
- Now type in your genuine product key into the text box then press the “Next” button.
- Allow Windows a moment to change your product key and you will see a progress window during this process. Once it completes, you will be prompted by a pop-up message.
- Chances are you may also be prompted to go to Microsoft’s official website for the final step. And in doing so, launch your web browser and head for the same site.
- Once on it, click on the “Validate Windows” button on the website so as to validate your product key. Note that you may need to install a browser plug-in to complete this. Once you have validated your product key, you will have fixed the validation error from ever showing again on your computer.
This successfully completes our guide. Have a great day!