Windows Update is a free service offered by Microsoft which provides regular updates for Windows operating systems and its installed components including Internet Explorer and other programs. These updates are very important for ensuring maximum productivity of your Windows operating system. Updates contain fixes to security patches and other features that will enhance the performance of your operating system. So it is very important that you run this program on a regular basis to keep your OS and its installed components up-to-date.
However, there are a bunch of updates which rather than bringing positive results, will eat up your hard drive space. While updating your Vista operating system, first go through the updates that are listed as “Optional” and choose the ones you don’t want to see again. It’s better to hide them so that they won’t show up at the update time. This article contains instructions for hiding updates in your computer running on Windows Vista.
Windows Vista help instructions
What you can find below are the instructions recommended by the Windows Vista help team which will assist you in the process of hiding updates.
- First, click on the Windows “Start” button.
- Select the option labeled “All Programs” from the start menu.
- Click on the option which says “Windows Update” from the list of programs.
- Click on the option “View available updates” for going to the screen that will allow you to select the updates that are available to your system. You will be able to see a list of programs and some of which will be designated as “Recommended” and others will be “Optional”.
- Choose the update that you would like to hide. Right-click on it and select “Hide Update” from the given menu. If incase your User Account Control is switched on, you will be getting a confirmation dialog box advising you that “Windows needs your permission to continue”.
- Click on the option titled “Continue” for confirming your action. Follow the same steps for hiding any other updates.
- Search for updates and then click on the option “View available updates” to make sure that the updates have been properly hidden.
That’s all with the Windows Vista help instructions for hiding updates. Thanks for reading!